With new information continually emerging, professional nurses must be equipped to critique scholarly literature and discern its value for practice. Select one current, quantitative scholarly nursing article related to your PICOT question and determine its strengths, limitations, and potential application.
Complete the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Appendix E Evidence Appraisal ToolLinks to an external site. Download Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence Based Practice Appendix E Evidence Appraisal Tool. Once you’ve completed the tool, use your own words to summarize your appraisal of the article. Include the following:
- Description of the purpose
- Explanation of research design
- Discussion of sample
- Description of data collection methods
- Summary of findings
- Strengths of the study (minimum of 1)
- Limitations of the study (minimum of 1)
- Recommendations regarding potential application for future practice that are insightful and appropriate.
Attach the article to your post, in addition to including the full reference for the article in your post. The John Hopkins tool does not need to be turned in, it is a worksheet for you to decide what type of article you have.
APA reference within 5 years