1. Williams (pg 7-10) describes five steps for recovering from conflict: give me each step and a brief explanation of each step in your own words. In what ways do you think Williams is correct and in what ways do you think Williams is incorrect?
2. Describe the Rashomon Effect in your own words. Does this effect mean there is no objective reality or do you understand it to point to some other notion? How do you believe it might impact a negotiation?
3. Review the "Top Ten Psychological Traps" (p 16 – 18). Which one do you feel would most affect you as a negotiator? Which would you find most difficult to manage in a client? Which would you find most difficult to manage in the other side of a negotiation? What steps would you take in each instance to try to minimize that particular "trap?"
4. After reading the sections on competitive and cooperative negotiating, how do you see yourself within this framework? In what ways do you think you could improve by embracing features of the other style?
5. Describe what you would like to get out of this course – even if it's only to get needed credit!