- Explain the role and impact of health information technology and its impact on healthcare systems and key stakeholders.
- Assess the implementation of health information technology applications and systems in relation to organizational business and patient care goals.
- Examine regulatory and ethical issues related to the use and management of health information technology.
- Evaluate various technologies, systems, and applications needed to achieve optimal clinical and business performance outcomes.
- Appraise the role and impact of healthcare administrators in facilitating effective change management related to technology.
- Assess the impact of emerging healthcare information technology applications on patients, healthcare delivery, and data analytics.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
As a healthcare consultant, representing the Leveraging Healthcare Solutions firm, you are to create a written Project Proposal with a PowerPoint Presentation for a potential new client. The client is a large, integrated healthcare system seeking to implement a new emerging technology solution. They are looking to you for guidance on the considerations for implementing a new HIT solution. The project scope is to pilot the use of the Apple Health Record mobile patient app as part of their system’s EHR. Your audience will be the multidisciplinary Innovation Steering Committee, which will approve/deny the use of your firm for this project. Approval is contingent upon the strength of your Proposal and Presentation. You are to use learnings (lectures and readings) from all six modules as well as your own research.
Create a written Project Proposal and a PowerPoint Presentation using speaker notes and/or voice narration. Please include:
- The role and impact of health information technology on a healthcare system and the significance of identifying key stakeholders
- Discussion on the important factors to be considered when analyzing whether a key trend (e.g., Apple Health Record app) will benefit a healthcare organization
- Discussion on the potential regulatory and ethical issues related to the use and management of an emerging technical solution, including data security and privacy
- Description of which type of analysis needs to be performed to assess if this solution will optimize clinical and business performance outcomes and achieve the goal of interoperability
- Discussion on the role and impact of healthcare administrators in facilitating effective change management related to technology solutions and the use of this solution
- Description of the impact of emerging HIT applications, such as the Apple Health app, on patients, healthcare delivery, and data analytics
- A summary of your final recommendation on the use of this new technology
- Reference page of the resources utilized