For this assignment, create a double-sided, folded pamphlet that can be distributed to families of Pre-K to Grade 3 students at the beginning of the school year to support their understanding of how curriculum is tied to the state learning standards.
Your pamphlet should include:
- Definitions of standards and curriculum, and an explanation of the difference between the two.
- An explanation of the purpose behind having learning standards guide curriculum development.
- How teachers use the standards to begin developing lesson plans and the purpose of instructional planning.
- An overview of the role of the teacher in the curriculum process, and how curriculum is used to support student learning.
- Information about individualization so that parents can better understand how their child will be supported in the classroom.
- Definitions of pre-assessments and post-assessments and their influence on instructional strategies.
Support your assignment with scholarly 2-3 resources.