Argumentative question Writing Prompt
Have you ever found yourself trying to persuade someone that LaBron James is better than Steph Curry? If you have not realized by now, you have been bombarded by argumentative opportunities and most of you have won. As a college student, your objective is to write a literary analysis paper where you argue for a particular solution to a problem logically. You have to argue logically to convince others that your position on a subject is reasonable, to influence the way others think about a chosen subject, to persuade others to change their perspective, or to make others take an action.
So, how do you argue logically?
Logical argument depends on claims, reasons, and evidence.
Claims – are statements that others may disagree.
Reasons – are supportive reasons other will accept.
Evidence – are facts, statistics, examples, scenarios, and visuals to succinctly support the claims reasonably.
Example Specified Thesis Statement: This argumentative paper will validate the notion that college students should strive to graduate because they will be financially stable, less prone to commit a crime, and have a great work-family balance.
Example General Thesis Statement: This argumentative paper will validate the notion that college students should strive to graduate.
The thesis statements above have been color coded to show you their parts. The rest of the paper should focus on reasons and evidence to support the claim that college students should graduate. In short, take a stand and support it with credible evidence.
• Please be mindful how you introduce your paper.
• Please be mindful where you insert your thesis statement.
• Please be mindful how you construct your thesis statement and topic sentences.
• Please be mindful that you need five to seven sentences per paragraph.
• Please be mindful that the length of this paper is 5 paragraphs, excluding works cited section
• Please be mindful of grammatical rules.
• Please be mindful that YOUR PAPER MUST BE WRITTEN IN THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW
• Please be mindful that you should use our tutoring center for help.
• Please be mindful that this is an argumentative writing exposition.
• Please be mindful that the tentative due date for this assignment is in your SYLLABUS.
• Please be mindful that you need at least one peer review journal article with work cited section and in-text citation for this paper.
• Please be mindful that I do not want any direct quote. All citations must be paraphrased in your own words.
I have attached possible topics. Please choose from my list of topics.