- Review the Learning Resources this week and consider how theory is applied to the understanding of criminal behavior.
- Search the Walden Library and/or the internet to identify a recent article (within the last 2 years) about a crime that interests you.
- Select three of the following theories to use for this Assignment:
- Labeling theory
- Social structure theory
- Strain theory
- Neutralization theory
- Social control theory
- Download and use the APA 7 Course Paper TemplateLinks to an external site. found in this week’s Learning Resources to complete this Assignment.
Assignment (3- to 5-page paper, double spaced and APA formatted, not including references, title page, or abstract)
Address the following in your Assignment:
- Provide a general overview of the crime you are addressing.
- Provide the specifics of the crime. What is already known about this crime regarding trends, prevalence, incidence, costs to society, and victim-offender relationships?
- Application of Theory
- Apply each of the three theories you selected to help explain the crime.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each theory in terms of its application to this specific situation?
- In your opinion, which of the three theories is most useful in explaining the crime?
- Explain the implications this theory may have for criminal justice policies.
- What do you propose the criminal justice system do to address this type of crime given the explanatory impact of this theory?
Your conclusions should be supported with scholarly evidence from your research and/or the Learning Resources and properly cited using APA style.