The chief executive officer (CEO) of your company has asked you for a presentation on the consumption of goods related to global trade issues and the competitive environment that the company may face in expanding to untapped markets.
Help with this Unit 3 project is in Chapters 4, 5, and 11 of Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy. Address the following in your presentation:
- One slide: Outline the basic assumptions of consumer theory.
- One slide: Explain the utility of your company’s product or service.
- Two slides: Discuss how managers view the structure of the markets in which they sell their products or services.
- Three slides: Compare the competitive environment that the company faces within the United States with what it will face in the country where it locates.
- Three slides: Examine the global trade issues that the company may face, including cultural differences.
- Two slides: Assess differences in legal and political systems and other institutions.
- Three slides: Predict the competition with other foreign companies and domestic companies within the new country.
Deliverable Requirements: Your presentation about the consumption of goods related to global trade issues and the competitive environment is a PowerPoint of at least 15 slides in length (excluding title and reference slides). You must use the Notes sections with academic citations supporting your decisions and analysis. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. Be sure to cite sources using the APA style, including references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.