We have all known supervisors or co-workers who think they were bosses; some displayed admirable leadership traits, and others may have needed a refresher course on how to manage people. Pursuing an undergraduate degree at Trident could open up doors for you to supervise a team or find yourself at a higher level of management. Based on your experience and course module readings, what leadership traits would you like to embrace, and which ones should have no part in your repertoire?
Module 1 Discussion Resources
Managerial Roles (2021)
Managerial Skills (2021)
Trends in Management and Leadership (2021)
Habits of Highly Successful Managers (2021)
Qualities of a Successful Manager (2020)
The Six Common Characteristics of Successful Managers (2019)
Module 1 Discussion
- Share at least two leadership characteristics that are appealing to you and provide a rationale or background as to why you believe these traits will be beneficial to you and your future employees. (Research Support Required)
- On the flip side, share a supervisory nightmare you may have experienced or heard about. Make sure we understand why you deem it a negative experience for workers. (No Research Required)
To receive full credit for the discussion, you must complete the following:
- Enter a minimum of 3 quality posts: Your initial/original post of 150 words or more and responses of at least 100 words to 2 classmates.
- Also, be sure to cite at least one source in your initial post.
- Provide a References section at the bottom of your original post in APA 7 style.